Process at a Glance
- Client intake interview: Two hour interview with organizational leaders
- Job description written
- Job description approved and updated if needed
- Position is posted: Three weeks
- Applications are received using electronic application service (Screening questions are applied)
- Applications are ranked by WVDO/Spire
- Highest scoring applicants are interviews via phone
- New ranking is established
- In person/skype interviews are scheduled
- Final ranking of 3-5 candidates are provided to organization (including all documents and written report)
Contract is complete
Additional services available on an hourly basis
- Interview participation
- Reference checking
- Salary negotiation
- WVDO/Spire completes the search process for a percentage of the base salary
- One-half of the fees are due at the commencement of the project and one-half of the time of hire.
- If a candidate is not found within the first 60-days or leaves, WVDO will re-start the search or provide a refund of one-half of the retainer.
Along with Spire’s sister company, VanNatta Public Relations, we have been providing management and development services to associations since 1968. Services through Spire Management are managed by Mary Louise VanNatta, CAE. Searches are confidential and conducted by consultants under contract with WVDO/Spire. Consultants are required to have 10+ years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising and leadership, 5+ years in staff management, and 3+ years in direct consulting. This combination experience allows the consultant to view your organization from the perspective of an employee and an outside consultant gives them unique opportunities to assess the culture and need of your specific organization.